No doubt about it: the olden days were as tough as they were golden. Yet no matter what the age of history, humor softened the lives of those who lived throughout time. In this collection of true stories from times past, you will find tales both humorous and touching - some will make you laugh, while others will tug at your heart.
- An escaped convict gives up his freedom to save a dying woman.
- A mangy dog rescues his young master.
- A young boy tricks a mob and saves the missionaries.
- A flock of geese are forced into hand-knitted sweaters.
- A woman hides cinnamon rolls in the radiator.
As these people testified through their examples, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured, and lived, not just survived. In Oddly Enough - Touching and Humorous Stories from the Olden Days, you will find that although times change, the human spirit remains the same, and stories of humor, love, selflessness, and sacrifice transcend the years. [from publisher web site]