Producer/Director Nicholas Gasdik writes:
"It's hard to believe that its been over twenty years since this gifted brother and sister duo, with their irresistible smiles, first stepped into our living rooms... the youngest to host their own show in the history of television. Every Friday night for one hour, Donny and Marie would sing and dance their way into the hearts of millions of families all over the world, becoming one of the most-watched television programs of its time.
I hope you have as much fun watching these shows as we had putting them together! It's always an unpredictable world of a million laughs when I get to work with two of my favorite people... Donny and Marie!"
Volume 2's classic moments include:
- Bob Hope's surprise visit to the Donny & Marie set.
- "Captain Purple" and "Wonderful Woman!"
- The "Great Osmondo Magic Box"... Donny splits Marie in half!
- Ted Knight, a personal favorite, makes an appearance in an unforgettable "Tennis Murder" skit.
- Marie's 18th birthday show... an interesting switch for the "A Little Big Country & A Little Bit Rock & Roll" number.
- The extravagant opening production number, "Goin' Places!"
- Donny as the nerdy "Lone Ranger."