See Mormon Film: Key Films of the Second Wave
Largely through the influence of Church President David O. McKay and future Church President Gordon B. Hinckley, film was introduced into temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints beginning with the Swiss temple in 1955. This made possible smaller buildings (patrons were not required to move from room to room as had been the custom), fewer required temple workers for areas of lower LDS population, and presentation of the endowment ceremony in non-English languages through dubbed soundtracks. This was part of an effort begun by President McKay and continued years later by President Hinckley to make temple worship more accessible to worthy Latter-day Saints. The endowment film has been remade several times since 1955.
: Due to the sacred nature of Mormon temple worship, details about the content of the film and other information about personnel and production are withheld. The editors wish to acknowledge the great importance of film to Mormon worship without causing offense to practicing Latter-day Saints, and we express gratitude to those outside the faith who will respect the sacredness of Mormon temple rites.